Here’s an idea I had the other day after watching “Hiring and Culture” from the startup class series. Here’s what could be a job offer for a Chief Culture Officer. Their job would be to help the CEO maintain and coordinate the culture attributes of a company.
Coordinating a vision and core values can be really challenging once you have reached a certain size and maturity. Keeping the message clear and unaltered for every employee, recruit or candidate is a long-term undertaking. You will be in charge of building strategies and lead actions to keep that message loud and clear.
- Lead and coordinate the HR departement and the marketing department to elaborate “culture strategies”.
- Ensure that every interaction from the employees are marked with the company’s DNA.
- Deeply understand and integrate the history, core values and principles of the company.
- Have constantly an empathic and psychological approach to understand any context or subject.
- Creativity to elaborate new ways of promoting the company’s culture.
- Leadership to coordinate departments, teams and people from different backgrounds and make them converge to one single objective.
- Have range, be comfortable around different backgrounds to understand how they receive and apply the company’s culture into their daily activity.
- Great communication and social skills.